Test ImageMagick and GD Perl Modules (and the Convert Command)
Follow these instructions to determine whether the ImageMagick Perl module and the GD Perl module are installed on your server. Note especially that having ImageMagick does not necessarily mean you have the ImageMagick Perl module, and the same for GD.
- Download the file imagetest.txt to your computer, then rename it to imagetest.cgi.
- Upload the imagetest.cgi file to your server's cgi-bin directory, then chmod the imagetest.cgi file (that is, set its permissions) to world-executable, which is a+rx or 0755.
- Upload the testpic.jpg file to your server's cgi-bin directory.
- In your browser, visit www.yoursite.com/cgi-bin/imagetest.cgi and you should see the results of the tests. (If not, you may need to rename the file from imagetest.cgi to imagetest.pl on some servers.)
- If you need support, contact us and send the full address to the imagetest.cgi file on your server.