UserBase solves your user-management problems.
UserBase is a login system, user account manager, and password-protector for your website. It's easy to install if you're a bit tech-savvy, or we can install it for you today. It will run on pretty much any website/server, because it requires only Perl and MySQL, which virtually all servers have.
- Simple installation, and easy integration into your website's existing layout (or, we can install it for you)
- Create unlimited user accounts and unlimited groups
- Can password-protect your entire website, or just the specific pages/folders that you choose
- Supports optional paid accounts with simple PayPal-based configuration and multiple payment levels
- Full control over account creation: administrators can add/delete accounts; public sign-up can be enabled; public sign-ups can be set to require admin approval and/or email verification before becoming active
- User registration / signup page is customizable with unlimited form fields, to collect whatever user information is appropriate for your site
- Users can change their own passwords, and reset them via email if forgotten, without the need for the webmaster's intervention
- Login sessions can be restricted to user's current IP address for increased security
- Can automatically lock accounts after a number of failed logins
- Can automatically timeout an idle session after a period of inactivity
- Can be configured to prevent or allow multiple simultaneous logins by the same username
- Can sleep for a specified number of seconds on failed logins for protection against brute-force attacks
- Salts passwords and never stores any plaintext passwords; only stores salted encrypted versions
- Customizable landing page so when a user logs in, he immediately see links to the member-only and/or admin-only resources that you specify
- Optional automatic redirection to pages you specify after login/logout
- Supports both HTTP and HTTPS, for sites that have SSL encryption certificates
- Works on virtually all servers (Apache, IIS, Windows, Linux, and OS X Server) and browsers (Chrome, Mozilla/Firefox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer)
- Check out the FAQ and the userbase_prefs.cgi file in the trial version to see more of the available features
- Many more features, and if you don't see what you need, just ask – we can probably add it.
Here are a few screenshots of some of UserBase's admin-only pages:
To see the member-facing pages (sign-up, login, etc), check out the Live Demo.
You can download the UserBase trial version and install it on your site right now; it includes instructions. The trial is designed for you to test on your server before purchasing the full version. As such, it has limitations and disabled features, including 4-character length limits on usernames and passwords, no "remember me" login option, no password reset feature, and more.